Friday 11 May 2012

Just a quick note about....Jeans

I didn't put on that much weight whilst pregnant but after having William I was a long way off being able to get back into my normal clothes. I definitely didn't want to wear maternity clothes anymore.  The idea of wearing clothes meant for a mother-to-be when my baby had just died made me feel sick.  Unfortunately I didn't fit into anything else and so this made my sorry situation seem all the more depressing.

I didn't want to go shopping. I didn't want to go out in public. I couldn't be bothered to try on clothes. But, I had nothing to wear so I didn't have much choice. So off my husband and I trotted to a department store to try and find me some jeans. I had to try on about 15 pairs but I did manage to find a pair that fitted me and for the first time in quite some time I actually felt pretty good.

I was in a normal pair of jeans and, most importantly, NOT maternity jeans. They fitted. They actually looked nice. And I felt like me. Not entirely the old me. But a little bit more like me.

So, to anyone who has gone through this, I would tell you to go buy yourself some really great jeans. I know it may seem stupid, I know you don't feel like it, but as silly as it sounds, when you find a pair that fits, it will make you feel a little bit better. And at times like these, we have to try and find those little moments every chance we can get.



No comments:

Post a Comment